Certain material contained on this Web site has been published by Springer-Verlag New York ("Springer"), which owns the copyright to it. By clicking "I ACCEPT" below, you agree to abide by the terms of this license in your use of that content. Please review the terms of this license carefully. If you have questions, please contact Springer at any time by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or, during regular business hours, East Coast USA time, at 1-800-SPRINGER.
1. The license covers only "Springer Materials" meaning those materials published by Springer and for which Springer own the copyright. By clicking "I ACCEPT" below, you receive a non-exclusive license to open any file containing Springer Material, or otherwise to access Springer Material posted on this Web site for public access, and to use it for research, educational or scholary purposes. Your rights to Springer Material are limited to those granted to you by the terms of this license. Any commercial use of Springer Material, or any use or dissemination of Springer Material other than as provided in this license, is not permitted. 2. Springer Material covered by this license generally is denoted by the copyright notice such as "© 2002 by Springer-Verlag New York, Inc." However, it may happen that such a notice may not appear with Springer Material covered by this license. Accordingly, it is advisable to consult either the author of the material on his website or Springer before using any material on his Web site in any manner that would be contrary to the rights of Springer as owner and copyright holder of Springer Material.
3. You may print one copy of any item of Springer Material accessed from this Web site, and you may store an electronic copy of it on the hard drive of your computer. No other copies may be made for any other purposes. You may not post, display or in any way seek to profit from your use of, Springer Material outside the reasonable and ordinary use of that material for research, education, or scholarly purposes.
4. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, decrypt or otherwise alter the software containing an electronic copy of Springer Material.
5. The license is non-transferable. You may share your print copy with others and allow others to "screen read" Springer Material from the computer on which you have downloaded it, but you may not forward, transmit or transfer, in any manner, the electronic copy downloaded by you. Please contact Springer at the e-mail address or telephone number above if you desire to make additional copies of Springer Material for use in a classroom setting. We ask that you direct others who may be interested in obtaining electronic copies or additional print copies of Springer Material to contact Springer at the e-mail address or telephone number noted above.
6. As long as you abide by the terms of this license, there is no time limit of your use of Springer Material. If you breach the terms of this license, however, on demand by Springer, you must, at a minimum, surrender any copies of Springer Material you may have, in any form or medium. Other rights and remedies may also apply.
7. The author of Springer Material on this Web site may invite comment and criticism and may modify Springer Material from time to time. Any such modification of Springer Material does not alter the ownership of Springer in the underlying Springer Material or its copyright in it. Accordingly, merely because Springer Material, as it appears on this Web site, may undergo any modification from time to time does not mean that it may be used in any way prohibited by the license.
8. SPRINGER MATERIAL IS PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE "AS IS". NEITHER SPRINGER, THE AUTHOR OF SPRINGER MATERIAL NOR ANY OTHER PARTY MAKES ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND AS TO (A) YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE, OF ANY FILES DOWNLOADED FROM THIS WEB SITE, OR (B) THE SPRINGER MATERIALS (INCLUDING ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY SPRINGER, ITS AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, EMPLOYEES OR DITRIBUTORS, OR THE AUTHOR OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY IN SPRINGER MATERIAL. SPRINGER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOST PROFITS ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE, OF ANY FILES DOWNLOADED FROM THIS WEB SITE, OF ANY LINKS TPO OR FROM THIS WEB SITE, OR OF SPRINGER MATERIAL, IN ANY FORM OR MEDIUM, EVEN IF SPINGER OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES, OR THE AUTHOR OR ANY OTHER PARTY WAS PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES.